I began with a roller, foam and green acrylic paint to roll out a background. I wasn't sure the adhesive would stick to the plastic well, but there was no problem at all!
One thing led to another and pretty soon I had wrapped some rubber bands around a cork (from the last wine bottle I used) and tried some prints with that using red acrylic. I would probably use tempera at school, but I don't have any at home to try it out now.
I had asked my mother to save me the steamer inserts from the Marie Callender's Steamer Bowls that she was eating last week. I tried using the steamer insert holes and a stiff brush to stencil the blue design -- COOL and SO easy!!
I'm not sure how I will implement all of these, but you will definitely see them again this year!! The green reminds me of underwater plants.