Monday, August 22, 2011

All in a Day's Work!

Do we all return to our classroom to find tables strewn, chairs stacked and everything looking clean but disorganized??


It always looks much worse than it really is at first glance. It took me about 15 minutes to move furniture and restore order. But, I forgot to take a picture of the finished room!! Maybe next time.

I did snap this one board I am planning to use this year. One of my favorite books to discuss with last year's classes was Unlikely Pairs by Bob Raczka.

Instead of unlikely pairs, this board will focus on pairs of artists and their work. I printed out pictures of some artists I am featuring in lessons and pictures of one of their pieces of art. The challenge will be to match the artist to the artwork. My goal is to make these artists' names commonplace and part of our "functioning vocabulary." This will be a Smartboard lesson, too, but I like to have the pictures where kids can see them all the time and this board is right next to the door.

Most of today was spent taking down one of the Auditorium bulletin boards, removing what seemed like 1,000 staples that had been up there behind the colored backing for ages, and posting some art work for the meeting that takes place there on the first day of school. Now I only have the other half of the room to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment