Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Abstract Line, Repetition, Rhythm Results

The goal here was to have children use line and/or color to lead the viewer's eye to a designated spot.  I pretty much followed the process in my previous post (here).  These are a few of today's results.  I must admit, I was a bit nervous that this was going to be over my 3rd grader's heads, but most grasped the concept readily and added their own flourishes easily.  One change I did make was to have children pick their "spot" that they wanted us to look at and place that circle on their collage first.

Here are a few of the results that I think are finished.  A few of the single shots may still be "in progress."  I REALLY love the way these are turning out!!








4 comments:

  1. Love that idea! I'll be stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! That's what it's there for. Hope your kids have as much fun with it as mine did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool project. You can really see the movement in the artworks. I will probably use this at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly believe how cool-looking and varied these turned out. Great lesson!

    ReplyDelete