Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

This morning I was reading Mary's bird post (HERE) and was intrigued with the negative space heart created by her 2 birds (so cute!!). That got me thinking of other things that might create a negative space hearts. These little cut-out men were what I came up with first.

That led to thinking about other heart things. I thought this idea with multiple hearts might work out, but I didn't much like them and was too impatient to try again with fatter markers:

Then I tried another version using the hand that we are seeing around the blogging world. I liked it better.
After doing this, I decided to grab my new camera and take a walk looking for Valentine things. I was surprised that I didn't find more along the street that I chose, but here are some nice wishes:


Hope everyone has a wonderful, fun-filled Valentine's Day. It is just about my favorite day to spend with 1st and 2nd graders, watching them read the cards they receive from friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment