Thursday, February 23, 2012

2nd Grade Results - Squares and Macchia

2nd graders finished their Cooperative Concentric Square pieces this week. I posted the lesson here earlier in the month.
Having the small musical score squares in the four corners helped kids reconstruct the concentric squares when they cut them apart and reglued. I didn't originally have they do that for that reason , but turned out to be REALLY useful. I had just had the kids use them to reinforce the concept of "repetition."

This shows a student using a small piece of foam core board to "stamp" on paint details.

Some chose to use markers for details as well as (or instead of) paint.



Here are a few of their Chihuly inspired paper macchia, too. That lesson is posted here.
I have heard from parents that a LOT of kids went home and "educated" Mom and Dad about Dale Chihuly and his "hot shop"!!!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the way the squares came out! Awesome lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the square too! So expressive and colorful! Pinning....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art work.
    I love the boldness of colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great - love the square idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I nominated you for a Leibster blog Award and linked your site on my blog at rainbowskiesanddragonflies.blogspot.com Happy Blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the kind thoughts:)) Actually I received one of these acknowledgements recently and posted my five blog links here: http://kids-finelines.blogspot.com/2012/01/passing-on-some-blogs.html
    Happy Blogging to you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is adorable! I love the title! I just found you am your newest follower. You are inspiring my artsy side. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  8. The squares really remind me of quilts. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete