Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Celebrating Our Veterans

I love it when the Los Angeles Veterans' Cemetery is all red, white and blue with flags celebrating those who have served our country!


I always take time to thank my parents, who both served during WWII. My dad was in the Air Force and was a flight instructor. He has been gone for quite awhile now, but I know he would love the patriotic display.

 And my mom was in the US Navy as a link instructor (simulated flight experience for pilots). She always loves driving with me through the cemetery looking at the flags, too. I am pretty sure we will do that tomorrow.

I think it is about time to start a little needlepoint ornament for my Christmas tree -- a little flag to honor this day:)). Hope you are all enjoying yourselves!!


1 comment: