Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summer is Coming to an End

Hard to believe that in one week our students will be "back in the saddle" at school!!
We have a parent meeting the first day of school in our Auditorium and this is what will greet attendees:





 I asked pairs of 2nd graders to paint the cut-out figures last Spring using lines and patterns. Then I collected some artwork from a few classroom teachers and from my program and tucked it away for now. The other day a friend and I spent a few hours cleaning up the bulletin boards (removing old staples and little bits of paper stuck under them -- one of my pet peeves!) and putting up the new artwork to start the 2013-14 school year with a fresh look. I LOVE this time of the school year when everything is starting anew: great expectations and clean rooms!!!!

2 comments: