Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pencil, Paintbrush, Crayon, YEAH!!

I have to thank Kathy Barbro at Art Projects for Kids for the great giant pencil idea.  We have a new Art Room that I wanted students to be able to easily find.  So we covered 3 hallway posts (a la Claes Oldenburg) with butcher paper so they would look like a pencil, a paintbrush and a Crayola crayon.

The crayon and pencil turned out great because of the vibrant colors.  The paint brush is a little iffy since I made it red at the upper tip and the red sort of blended with the brown of the bristles.  If I were to do it again I would use white or a light tint for the "paint" on the brush.

Today I was working in the room as kids went by outside.  Our room is right on the way to the restroom so there is a fair amount of traffic.  Almost every duo that passed the columns was talking about their new look.  The absolute best was the little guy who went up and gave the "pencil" a huge bearhug!!  Thank you Kathy for the inspiration!!
http://www.artprojectsforkids.org/search/label/artist%20Oldenburg

No comments:

Post a Comment